Facilities available at the NAB Resource Centre
An NRI Mr.S.K.Mehta has provided financial help for the construction of this HOSTEL. NAB educational resource centre provides free education, food, lodging and residential facility to 40 visually impaired students. Students are equipped with latest assistive technology and allowed to attend classes in normal schools. On returning from regular classes, students are taught and coached by resource teachers of NAB Uttarakhand resource centre to bridge the gaps in learning. To aid and accelerate the learning process, following facilities are available for the students:
- Campus in sprawling 0.6 Hectare with 23000 SFT build-up area.
- Well-furnished accommodation available for 118 visually challenged students, capacity to increase up to 500 students- this facility is of utmost importance as the children cannot travel to and fro on daily basis from their villages to attend school and avail benefits of NAB resource center.
- A grand Conference hall with seating capacity of 400 people is available at NAB Uttarakhand resource center to organize social awareness campaigns, health talks, medical camps, meetings and large gathering. It was only possible with financial support of Honourable Mr. Raj Bhattji, CEO, Elara Capital Plc. UK in the memory of his late parents.
- Specially trained 8 Special educators are available to teach students Braille, tactile models, Taylor frame for mathematics and other skills of students. These special educators offer initial handholding to adopt into the way of working of a visually challenged. To stay competitive in normal schools, our students need to learn these life skills.
- Mobility instructor is available to teach our students mobility, orientation and daily living. It is important for us to make our children absolutely independent; we encourage them to learn mobility skills, and other life skills at early stage so that the routine life becomes easy for them.
- A well-equipped modern talking books library established with the financial and moral support of H.E. Former Governor of Uttarakhand, Mr. Sudershan Agrawalji and B.D.Uniyal Charitable Trust. Various useful books and class 9th to class 12 CBSE Board syllabuses is available in electronic text and audio books.
- NIVH Braille Library Extension Counter and other learning aids are available for student’s utility.
- Teaching and learning tactile models are available to explain concepts by exploring the models.
- Large playground, yoga and Recreation facilities are available for holistic development of children.
- A well-equipped Modern Kitchen is available to teach visually challenged girls to learn Home Science and an expert is available to train them in House Keeping skills.
- Advance computer training lab is functional with 25 computers.
- Doctors available on call for regular checkups and eye screening camps.
- NAB is equipped with a solar power plant of 10 KVA, solar water heater with capacity of 2500 litre. Multiple water coolers are installed to ensure students get clean and fresh water.
- Eicher bus 42 seater was donated in month of August, 2016 by ‘The Hans Foundation’ for facilitating smooth commute of students (To and fro from school)
- Maruti Omni Van is available with the financial support of Life Insurance Corporation of India. Tata Winger minivan donated by SBI to pick and drop students from resource center to schools, provide transportation facilities and organize awareness, eye screening camp and to use for various other useful activities to improve the status of visually impaired students of NAB Uttarakhand.